Table of Contents
Gut Health 101
A Healthy Life Starts With A Healthy Gut
What Are Probiotics?
Probiotics are the billions of good bacteria that naturally occur in a healthy small and large intestine (gut). These probiotic bacteria assist in critical processes in the body – take a look at the body chart below to understand how probiotics influence our health and wellbeing.
Probiotic bacteria assist with digesting food and absorbing necessary nutrients. They also play a central role in your gut by regulating bowel movements.
80% of the immune system resides in the gut. Probiotic bacteria strengthen the gut barrier, which protects against harmful pathogens entering the blood stream and potentially making you sick. Certain probiotic bacteria help balance healthy immune function and protect you from misdirected immune responses that can show up in the form of allergies, intolerances and skin issues.
The skin is the external mirror of the gut. It continues inside of the body in the form of mucus membrane. Much of this mucus membrane is found in the small and large intestine. Restoring and maintaining a healthy gut is the cornerstone to healthy skin.
The gut and brain are in constant communication. Specific probiotic bacteria support the gut-brain-axis, influencing mood, ability to focus and concentrate, as well as memory function.
The gut and the liver are directly connected via the portal vein. Probiotics strengthen the gut barrier against pathogens and other harmful substances that enter the bloodstream and overburden the liver. A healthy gut supports liver function and proper detoxification.
Probiotic bacteria assist in the production of the happiness hormone, Serotonin, and the sleep hormone, Melatonin. Making sure you have a diverse, balanced gut microbiome can positively impact mood and sleep, which is important for your physical and mental wellbeing.
Specific probiotic bacteria have shown in clinical studies to fight against the pathogens associated with yeast-and/or-urinary tract infections, including Candida Albicans.
Your gut bacteria play a critical role in your metabolic function. Certain bacteria are more efficient at digesting fat versus carbohydrates, which can impact how much fat is stored by your body. In addition, certain bad bacteria can trigger intense sugar cravings, which can lead to weight gain.
Health Benefits Of Taking A Probiotic Supplement
Pro bios means “for life”
Probiotics are one of nature’s gifts that allows us to live a healthy and vital life. A healthy gut consists of billions of different probiotic bacteria, and there is a natural balance and diversity. These probiotic bacteria assist with critical functions, including digestion, nutrient absorption, the immune system and even cognitive function.
However, several external factors, including unhealthy foods, stress and/or certain medication, can throw off the healthy balance and diversity of bacteria in the gut. First and foremost, this leads to digestive discomfort such as bloating, indigestion, constipation or diarrhea. Over time, an imbalance in the gut microbiome can manifest as bigger issues, like a weaker immune system, skin flareups and brain fog. Research shows that long-term, a dysbiosis in the gut has been linked to serious illnesses, including Metabolic Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer’s Disease.
Taking a high-quality probiotic supplement helps to restore and maintain the healthy balance and diversity of bacteria in the gut. A high-quality probiotic supplement supports your gut health and with that promotes your overall body wellbeing.
Who Should Take A Probiotic Supplement?
Beneficial to 99% of people
Taking a probiotic supplement is beneficial to almost everyone. Considering the external factors that can damage the gut (e.g. stress, certain medications, unhealthy eating and drinking), fact is that many of us are confronted by these on a daily basis. Therefore, it is very beneficial to add a probiotic supplement to your daily wellness routine in order to strengthen your gut health and overall wellbeing.
In certain situations, a probiotic is an essential step in restoring a healthy gut and whole organism. For example, if you recently completed a round of antibiotics, a probiotic supplement will rebuild your gut microbiome. Antibiotics kill the bad bacteria that are making you sick as well as many of the good bacteria in the gut, which are so important for your health.
In the case that you are experiencing irregular bowel movements, digestive discomfort and/or have a more serious gut issue (e.g. Irritable Bowel Syndrome), the right probiotic can help you feel better.
If you are struggling with a chronic disease (e.g. eczema or psoriasis, migraines, depression), consider if this might be triggered or exacerbated by a dysbiosis in your gut bacteria. In many situations, this is the case. Consult with your healthcare professional and do a stool test to see if you need to restore the balance in your gut microbiome.
How Long Should I Take A Probiotic Supplement For?
This Really Depends On Your Health Status, Needs and Goals.
As a general rule of thumb, you can think of it this way: for every year in which you experience digestive discomfort, gut issues and/or larger health challenges, take one month of a probiotic supplement. If you’re experiencing gut issues for just a few weeks, then even a month of probiotics can make a big difference.
Gut issues and digestive discomfort are often symptoms of a deeper issue, especially if you’ve experienced these issues for several months or even years. When you take a probiotic supplement to address these issues, you will likely feel a positive impact on your digestion and bowel movements in a few days. However, it will take longer to address the underlying damage that is causing your most apparent discomfort (e.g. diarrhea, constipation, bloating). If you’ve overburdened your gut for many years by eating unhealthily, taking certain medications and experiencing a lot of stress, then it will take longer to feel lasting relief from your gastro-intestinal and other health challenges.
The amount of time it takes for you to feel deep healing will also depend on other, external factors that influence your gut health (e.g. food, stress, certain medications). If you’re looking to rebuild and support your gut health, then you must get the bad guys out and replenish with the good stuff, such as probiotics.
On the other hand, if you generally have good gut health and have new, acute digestive issues, like for example antibiotic-associated diarrhea, you will likely feel lasting impact already after one month of probiotics.
OMNi-BiOTiC® lives up to the highest quality criteria.
Not All Probiotic Supplements Are Created Equal. Factors That Make Up An Effective And Safe Probiotic Supplement Are:
Indication Specific Probiotic Formulation
- It is more efficient to select a probiotic supplement that has been specifically combined to address your health goals. There are hundreds of different strains of probiotic bacteria that naturally occur in a human intestine, and they perform different tasks. It makes sense to combine the ones that can work hand in hand in a probiotic supplement, rather than the ones that might compete with each other.
- There should be extensive and legitimate scientific research backing up a probiotic supplement. The product should also have been tested for efficacy in its final version in clinical studies.
- We believe that it is most beneficial to go with a human bacteria-based probiotic. Probiotic bacteria that naturally occur in the human body are able to colonize in the gut, ensuring a higher and longer-term effectiveness.
- A multispecies and multistrain probiotic formulation is best. The human intestinal system contains a multitude of good bacteria. Probiotic bacteria work in teams, so it is essential to supply your body with the right group of “keystone” bacterial strains to feel a lasting effect.
- To reduce likelihood of inflammation in the gut, we recommend going with a vegan, gluten and soy-free probiotic. It is also good to avoid a product with any fillers and non-organic ingredients.
- In many supplements, the probiotic bacteria are freeze-dried for shipping and shelf stability purposes. When the probiotic bacteria come in contact with any liquid, they will soak up this liquid to rehydrate. If the probiotic is delivered in a capsule, the first liquid the probiotics come in contact with is the stomach acid, which is so acidic that many of the probiotics will die. If the probiotic is delivered in a powder and dissolved in water, then the probiotics will absorb the water and become strong for their passage through the gastro-intestinal system.
- In powder form, about 90% of the probiotic bacteria will make it to your large intestine where they will be most effective. In a capsule, only about 10% of the bacteria will survive.
We're Raising The Bar For Probiotics
See How OMNi-BiOTiC® Stands Out Compared To Other Products
*E.g Kombucha, Kefir, Yoghurt, Sauerkraut
Few To None
What Makes OMNi-BiOTiC® So Effective?
OMNi-BiOTiC® is a line of scientifically designed, multispecies and highly effective probiotic supplements that are tailored to specific health needs. Our products are rooted in science and clinical research. We’re a leading and time-tested brand in Europe and adhere to the highest quality criteria of probiotics.
OMNi-BiOTiC® stands for:
Probiotics Tailored To Your Needs
- Differentiated probiotic supplements designed to support critical processes in
- Not “one size fits all”
Quality Supported by Science
- Developed by Institut AllergoSan “Competence Center for Microbiome Research” with over 25 years of microbiome research
- Based on 100+ clinical studies using the final product
Highly Effective Delivery
- Innovative powder formulation
- 90% vs. 1% of probiotic bacteria reach the intestine due to powder water activation prior to intake compared to a probiotic pill/capsule
- Special prebiotic matrix provides essential nutrients for the probiotics, and increases activity and reproductive rate
Multispecies & Multistrain
- Contains up to eleven compatible and mutually reinforcing probiotic bacterial strains
- Specific combinations of probiotic bacteria are scientifically proven to be especially helpful when faced with certain health challenges
- Each species/strain is chosen based on its unique capabilities and combined with the other species/strains to form an impactful combination
Made For Convenience
- No refrigeration needed
- Packed in sophisticated sachets that protect from light, moisture and temperature distortion to guarantee 100% survivability rate of probiotic bacteria and high shelf stability (up to 1 ½ years)
- Easy travel with daily dose packets
- Made up of highly active human probiotic bacteria that can colonize and reproduce in the intestine
- Free of lactose, gluten, soy and yeast
- Developed in accordance with quality criteria of World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), World Gastroenterology Organization (WGO), and Austrian/German Societies for Probiotic Medicine (OePROM / DePROM)
The Best Way To Take OMNi-BiOTiC®
The strength of a tree comes from its roots – the strength of humans from their bowels.”
Mag. Anita Frauwallner
CEO & Founder of Institut AllergoSan